SALINI ON 21 JUNE 2020
4 athletes make up a team, one swims, one bikes and two run, easy isn't?
Swim 750m from Salina Beach up to one buoy and to another and finish off in style wearing the Eurosport Garmin Triathlon swim cap.
Ride your shining bike for three loops, that's 20km, starting off from Salina Bay up to the turnaround point and back.
Two members of your team have to run 5k each, one waiting for the other to arrive. Yes, this is a relay event after all.
You just wait until you see the goody bag.
- The start of the race is at 7:30am
- The road will be closed between 7am and 10am
- The minimum age of participants is 16+
- The maximum number of participants allowed is of 320, that's 80 teams of 4.
- Bike start in waves of 20 (4 waves in total) with 1 min interval between each wave.
- Run starts 2 min after the last bike wave leaves.
- Swimmers start 20 min after the run start.
- Swim start: Beach start from the top of the ramp and will finish at the top of the ramp.
- Swimmers will use own chipped timing at the start and finish line.
- Cyclists will use own chipped timing at the start and finish line.
- Runners will have the same and will use the finish Gantry. A secure area to tag for change over from runner 1 to runner 2 will be created. The change over will be marshaled by the organisers.
- Runners will run on the pavement and cycle lane.
- Runners will run with a race bib
- All goody bags will be distributed at the end of the race.
- Once registered, should a team member need to be changed, an email is to be sent to the organisers.
- The registration will close once all 320 places have been filled.